Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday . . . A Full Day Of Work At Eagle's Nest





Hola.
This is Anna
Today was a full work day. We stayed at the Nest all day. It was also an extremely clear day!
Today some worked on moving dirt while others painted fences and washed walls white as snow. In the afternoon a group worked on putting up wire stuff so the soccer balls won't go down the mountain... expect we only got one side done, the side where the balls never fly out...Josh M. and Jared S. spent some time entertaining babies and toddlers. Apparently all the kids loved Jared but weren't so sure about Josh... every kid Josh picked up cried. Right before the our worship time tonight the power went out. We witnessed God's beautiful creation in the sky (check out the picture above).

So far this week I have really been in awe of God's beautiful creation... and He has been teaching me to look at it in an all new way. I have also been learning about serving God in all new. Something that has really helped me serve more willingly has been to see everything I do through God's eyes as I serve and thinking about what He would say about my work. Love ya all and thanks for your prayers.
In Christ,
Anna Banana
p.s. !!!!GO CARDINALS!!!!!!
So far this trip has been such an eye opening experience. God is working in so many amazing ways! One thing that God has shown me is how content these people here are. They have so little yet so much in Christ. I pray that God would teach me to be this content. Also, I have really enjoyed loving on all the babies. They are all so beautiful!!! I miss you guys so much! Hope everything back there is going well!! Love ya! GO CUBBIES!! They are the BEST!
Sarah Bethea :-)

6 comments:

David and Marianne said...

I miss both you girls so much... LOVED reading your comments! Of course, Anna is right Sarah... the Cards are the best : ) I'm sure your mommas are both so proud of you and what you are doing!(I'm proud of you too!)

How are the sick ones doing? We are all praying no one else gets it on the team : (

Thanks for posting a pic of my sweet baby... the 2 Sarahs, so CUTE!! Make sure I get a copy : )

Denise S. said...

Thanks for your report, Anna! Sounds like you're working hard and loving it. We all miss you so much. Haven already asked today, "Where's Anna, is she taking care of babies?" I think of you often and pray. Andrew prays for your safety.

Everyone is working non-stop here on you know what. Hopefully you'll have next week to yourself. Can't wait to hear all of your stories.

Dad and I are both so proud of your willingness to go and serve the Lord through others.

I love and miss you, MOM

lisa said...

Way too cute!!We all enjoyed the pic. I can tell you love every minute of taking care of the babies, Sarah. I was glad to see you weren't sick yesterday. Hope the dental clinic goes well today.

Hope everyone who was sick is better and that no one else gets sick.

We love you!! Mom

Staulcup5 said...

Glad to hear all of you are doing good.
Becci Staulcup,
Hey Momma,
We all miss you a lot and hope your trip is everything you wanted and more!! And guess what?? I am going to six flags with jen next week!!!!!!! Ryan misses you a lot and asks everyday when are ypu coming home. Dad is doing a great job of taking care of us!We all love you lots and can't wait for you to come home!!
Love,
Haley

Unknown said...

Anna,

I am so glad that you are enjoying your time serving the Lord and serving others. I am so proud of you for overcoming your fears and allowing God to show you something new and precious! I think about you every day and pray for your health and safety while you are there.

Embrace those babies and give them a big hug from me. I pray for each and everyone to be adopted soon to a loving family like beautiful Sarah Gross.

Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures.

I love you,
Aunt Diane

Guatemala Mission Team said...

BTW
the lovely picture of the lightening is by Jared Schaffer!!!

-Anna bananna