Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Morning in Guatemala





Today, most of us woke up refreshed after some much needed sleep. We shared breakfast together, followed by our own devotion time. At 10:00, we had an amazing church service. The congregation consisted of mostly children, there were probably 50 or so of them. We sang songs for them in english and then they sang to us in spanish. I hope we are blessing them as much as they are blessing us. Ashley Shippert shared her testimony, and did a beautiful job. It is it such a honor to see how people in a different culture worship the Lord. I hope our love for the Lord shone through us, this morning. We had a great time afterwards, getting to know the children. They are very friendly and always smiling. They are very patient with us as we try to communicate with them. So far, we are all doing well and are very excited about what the Lord still has in store for us here. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

On a personal note, I want to say HI to my kid's and hubby, Tim, Haley, Andrew, and Ryan.
I love you guys and I so wish you were here to share this experience with me. The view is amazing and we can see a volcano from our balcony!! It's amazing. Anyway, I just wanted you all to know I have been thinking about you and love and miss you.
Love, Becci Staulcup
kj

6 comments:

David and Marianne said...

I can't tell you all how meaningful and special it is to see all of you in the familiar surroundings of a place so near and dear to my heart : ) Love you all and we continue to pray!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing those kids all over you Jerry-bear(Jared : )

ps. you're doing a GREAT job with the posts Rebekah

Sara said...

So glad another group is loving on these children and ministering to those nearby. Please give our little girl Pascuala a BIG hug from her family (who hopefully she will join next month). Praying for you to touch many lives while you are there and praying for safety in your travel.

Sara
http://blessedbychrist.blogspot.com

Jim B said...

Thanks again for the updates. Fine worship today at Grace..

Notice that Jared M is CUBBIE Leader trained... "kids on lap"...

Kimberly said...

Oh, How I wish that I were there sharing in the excitement with you all! But, I am diligently praying for everyone, especially now that I have time on my hands as I'm laying on the sofa being sick most of the day!
Ashley, I'm especially praying that God will work in and through you this week. I was encouraged to see that you shared your testimony - I can't wait to hear all about it! I love you,2,3,4,5!

Tammy said...

Dear Grace Team-

Just took our first visit to the blog site and LOVE it! It's so cool to see & hear what you're doing.

Dave- You look like a proud Daddy with Sarah in your arms! Beautiful!

Hi Beth! We saw Mark and the girls at church this morning. Everyone looks great! The girls are anxious to hear from their Mama! I can't wait to hear about your experience at E.N.

We give thanks to God for the Grace Team and the work God is going to do through you. Thank you for being HIS arms that hug and love the precious children.

God bless you all....give you strength to carry out the week strong & protect you from harm.
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil.4:13 GO FOR IT!!

love, The Neuhousers

Whacky Wheelers said...

Tommy . . . I showed Matthew pictures on the blog and he was excited to find you in some of them. Maybe when you come back you can tell him why you went and some of the things that you did.

Jackie . . . we want to see you in some of the pictures!!!! Curves is not the same without you.

Our prayers are with you both and we love you. Cliff does not look like he's starving, but we'll still keep an eye on him.

Love . . . The Wheelers