Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eli Dean's Saturday


Hola everyone!
This is Eli Dean, and I’ve had an AMAZING week. I’m very glad I came on this trip. Right now there’s a cloud shadowing the view, but up here everything looks gorgeous. Today we had a mini-VBS from 10 to 12 this morning, and we’re packing and cleaning up for the rest of the day. Tomorrow we have church, then after lunch we have a 3 hour drive to Guatemala City. From “Guate” City, we fly to Chicago and then drive home.
All week I saw kids with insanely large smiles on their faces because they were happy to see us. Imagine that! This trip has shown me that I have many faults, but also many great things about me. Our group has a very special mix of people, which is insanely nice. I think I’ve developed some friendships and strengthened my original friendships. I’m very tired and will be glad when I get home.
There have been many discomforts on this mission trip, but many rewards along the way. For everyone who has supported me and prayed for me, I can’t thank you enough. I can’t wait to be home to see everyone!

Adios!

P.S. – This is my first ever blog post, so it's a little rough

1 comment:

Mama5 said...

Great blog Eli! Thanks for keeping us up on what's been going on. We're still praying for everyone. Praying for safe travel tomorrow day/night. Looking forward to hearing more of the amazing things God has done in everyone's life this week!

Sarah & the kids