Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bonita Babies

It is a bonita day! The sun is shining and the breeze is spring like. As I am writing, our young men are shoveling dirt/sand into buckets and lifting them fifteen feet on to a terrace and they started singing "O-E-O" from the Wizard of Oz. Most of the ladies, left the orphanage at 10:00 and are now white washing walls or painting black iron fences.
We are taking shifts at the orphanage. I have never been to an orphanage before, it is better than I expected. The babies have big cheeks(well feed), big brown eyes, and are very clean. The "mamas" the ladies that take care of the babies are amazing. Our team laughs because the "mamas" can feed 4babies to our 1. There is a definite rountine and we try to stay out of the way. The mamas don't want us to change pants and we really do not have a problem with that!
Our orphan team feeds, plays with, and pick up the crying ones.
Jose is one with black curly hair(he could be a Pilon). He is "grande" and I envision him in the NFL. Maria is two and sharp. I asked her "Como te llama?" and she could tell me each 2 year olds name. I noticed when someone enters the orphanage she says, "Holla" and I've caught her saying "hi" and repeating my English. Jennifer is a beautiful brown eyed, brown hair two year old. There are so many to mention and each one God knows. Pray that the 15 without parents will have parents and that the government will allow the adoptions to go through.

9 comments:

David and Marianne said...

Good to hear from you all again : ) Sounds like much is being accomplished.. PTL!!

Thanks for mentioning the babies.. it means so much to the families : ) I'm glad you appreciate how wonderful EN is for an orphanage. Believe me, Eagles Nest is an exceptional place... not even close to what almost all other institutions are like for children. We thank God for Larry and Claire Boggs daily for their vision of caring for orphans!

Praying God's Spirit continues to move powerfully among you!

Guatemala Mission Team said...

Paul,
I was so excited to hear that you blogged and that the house hasn't burned down.
Our team has been a joy to watch. It is such a blessing to watch our Grace kids serve. Speaking of kids, our daughter throw up all last night. Pray that Julie and Ash don't get dehydrated.
She was really enjoying her experience.
TEll Kiley to "brake a leg" Friday and that we miss her and the boys.Keep praying papa your umbrella of prayers cover us.
Love, Wife

Cliff said...

I can tell by most of the pictures that Tommy is all right. At least he's smiling in most of the pictures. But was curious if Jackie is doing ok. I see she got some sleep in the airport, or at least she tried!

Things fine here. Quiet. Pizza. Girls have colds. Paul, Mitch, Shawn, and Deborah bailed me out the other night. Just mistaken identity. No big deal. If Jackie or Tom could write something, that'd be real nice. Thanks. Cliff

Deidre said...

I just wanted to tell all of you thank you so much for serving at EN! I have been following your blog and wishing I was there right now with you!

My husband and I are adopting Rosita and she will be coming home in the next few weeks. If you have a chance please give her a big hug from her mommy and daddy and tell her that we miss her like crazy but we are coming soon!

Thank you again for what you are doing and for blogging about it as you are doing it!

Mama5 said...

Strange, but reading the requests from parents asking the team to "give him/her a hug from mommy and daddy" brings tears to my eyes. It's the realization that you guys are being the arms and hearts of so many parents unable to be with their children. I know if I were one of those parents it would be comforting to know my baby is being shown the love of Christ through you!

For those doing the manual labor...the very orphanage itself would not be able to stand if it weren't for you! Stay strong and keep up the work of the Lord!

We're continuing to pray every day. Nick even folds his little hands and closes his eyes! Praying for health and strength and God's presence for everyone.

Love from the home-front,
The Ruehles
(chris, i want to know if you get sick)

sheryl said...

LOVE to hear about the babies, all the work you're doing and all the fun you're having! Jared M: thanks for stepping outside your comfort zone and speaking in front of the group. You'll probably never know the number of lives you touched with just your WILLINGNESS to be used by God. We'll continue to pray, especially for health now hearing that some may be a little under the weather. Take care, love you! Mom.

Holts said...

We look forward to every new posting - it's really exciting to see how God is working in and through all of you.

Ben, We love you, miss you, and are praying for you. It's nice to see the top of your head in some of the pictures! Love ya, Mom

Darlene said...

Thank you mission team.

It is so good to hear that all the babies are doing well and that they are getting lots of extra love this week.

Jose, the boy with the curly hair, is my grandson. It sure is conforting to know that he is doing well. I know that all the parents are feeling the same confort knowing that your team are there with these sweet babies.

Tell Jose that his Gammie loves him and can not wait for him to be home.

I will continue to pray daily for your team. Thanks again for all that ya are doing.

Stephanie said...

Jose is my son and he is grande! I agree that he could definitely play NFL one day.

Thanks for all you are doing! God is definitely working through you!

Blessings!
Stephanie