Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Hey Everyone this is Julie Myers. First, thank you so much to everyone for all of your prayers for Ashley Bronke and I. It's been a slow, up and down recovery. One minute we will be feeling a lot better and then the next we have to go lay down because we don't feel good again. The worst thing for me right now is that I feel like I can't breathe. I'm not sure if it's the elevation or what it is. If I lay down in a certain position then I can breathe but when I sit up or stand up I get very short of breath. I feel like I have a 10 lb. weight sitting on my chest. If it wasn't for that I would be feeling much better. I have probably 80% of my strength back. They keep telling me to eat but I'm honestly running out of food. I'm kind of getting tired of Easy Mac, teddy grahams and fish crackers. They have fed me a few other things but I'm ready to go home and eat some American food. We were talking about some of the food we were craving this morning. :-)

Today is Sarah 20th Birthday YAY!!! For those who don't know Sarah is my best friend she's pretty much like family to me. Today is also the boat tour day. And when we first recieved the schedule Sarah and I were SO exited because we got to do the tour on her birthday! And I had planned all this fun stuff that we could do! Well.. Then I got sick. So Ashley, Tami and I didn't get to go on the tour today! :-( I spent most all morning sobbing because I was so upset and frusterated that I couldn't be there to celebrate with Sarah. I was crying out to the Lord why can I not get better I know you called me to go on this trip. Why did I come just to get sick. And he just kept telling me Jeremiah 29:11 - I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord plans to prosper you not to harm you plans to give you a hope and a future. I just felt his arms rap around me and tell me that there is a purpose for this and that it's okay.

Tonight Ashley, Tami and I are going to take a cab(which could be scary) down to Pana Haschel. I went last night but I had to sit down because I could breath. We are going to be meeting up with the everyone else at a restaurant to have dinner. I'm not so sure if I will eat but I'm going to at least go so I can hang out with everyone and do a little shopping.

Marianne,
We miss you so much and we have prayed every day for you! We hope you that get to come down here A.S.A.P to get Sarah. We all love her so much. She is just so precious! I will still try to take the pictures of her in those onezies. It got slightly delayed with my sickness. Last Sunday when I was in the orphanage just before we left I went over to her crib and she was still awake and was rubbing her head and showed her the pictures of you and your family and she got a huge smile on her face. She knows who you are. I know we will all be very exited when you bring her home. And know that everyone has been loving on her! Except for the sick ones. :-) Love you!!!

Mom and Dad,
I miss you guys and I can't wait to see you! I hope you're supporting the cubbies for me in my absence. :-D I am feeling better so don't worry to much. I miss you and love you tons!!!

Lisa,
We did get Sarah this morning. While she was in the shower we taped the Happy Birthday streamers all over her door so she couldn't get out and we put streamers and balloons all over her bead. I know she is missing you guys as well!


Thank you again everyone for all of your prayers!!!

Julie

7 comments:

Jamie Myers-Loo said...

Julie,
I'm glad you are feeling better. Fernando and I have been praying for you and the Guatemala team. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your time there. We love you!

Sarah,
Happy 20th Birthday! I hope you have an awesome day.

Jamie

Unknown said...

Sarah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! I can't believe your 20!
miss you.

<3Carly and Kimmi!
:)

lisa said...

Julie,

I'm glad you feel somewhat better, but it sounds like you still are not enjoying much. I'm so sorry. Thank you for surprising Sarah. I'm sure she enjoyed that. Hope tonight is fun, and you feel even better.We will continue praying for you. Lily is scheduled to pitch tonight. I only saw bits and pieces of the all-star game but all the Cub pitchers pitched well--even Marmol. Supposedly if the game wasn't over in the bottom of the 15th both teams were going to pitch players off the field because all players had been used. Tim and thought that would have been funny.

Lisa

George & Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!
Hope you all had a wonderful day out on the boat and shopping.
Julie we are praying for you to have not only physical health, but to be spiritually strong too. Praying God will be glorified through everything!
A huge thank you to all of the 'moms' who are taking care of our daughter!!
May God shine through each of you.
Rebecca

lisa said...

Sarah

Happy Birthday from Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Carol

David and Marianne said...

Julie, I know this trip has been much different than you planned but I know the Lord is alive and active in you and He will do great things in you because of this trial. Thanks for praying for me and for loving my daughter for me this week! I am praying for you too!

The boys and I continue to lift up the whole Grace team as I know you will all finish strong... as my track coach always said, "Don't just run to the finish line but sprint all the way THROUGH it! " Love you all!

deborah said...

Praying for you this morning- through all the names and reading the newsletter with your hopes for the trip. To God be all the Glory!

Ps 108:5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and Thy glory above all the earth.

“For the word of the Lord has sounded forth from you- but also in every place your faith toward God has gone forth, so that we have no need to say anything.” I Thess 1:8.

“All Thy works shall give thanks to Thee, O LORD, and Thy godly ones shall bless Thee. They shall speak of the glory of Thy kingdom, and talk of Thy power; to make know to the sons of men Thy mighty acts and the glory of the majesty of Thy kingdom. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and Thy dominion endures throughout all generations.” Ps 145:10-13

May God bless you richly today as He manifests His presence to each of you in His unique way as He uses you as vessels to shine through. :)